North Beach Baptist church is all about one thing – the gospel – the amazing, life changing message of our Lord Jesus Christ. Motivated by our Lord’s calling in Matthew 28, we want to see this message go out not only into our community, but also into all four corners of the globe.
Rather than ‘Missions’ just being a ‘department’ of North Beach, we want our church to have a missional mindset and a lifestyle to be cultivated to permeate all areas of our church family and to be involved as a church with those, who are sharing this message of Christ’s love to the world.
In this way, North Beach Baptist partners with individuals and organisations operating in many different cultural settings, geographies and demographics around the world. As a church, we support them financially, we pray for them, we communicate with and encourage them, we share their news with one another and, on some occasions, we visit them in their work. As missionaries, they share their news with us, and encourage us with what God is through them.
NBBC has formally sent many missionaries and adopted many mission partners for prayerful and operating support including (for security reasons, names are not mentioned):
- Asia Evangilistic Fellowship (The international Director and a national field worker in Myanmar and India). We have a particularly strong link with ministry in North East India.
- Overseas Missionary Fellowship (The State Director, and workers in Thailand and Japan).
- Pioneers (workers in Indonesia)
- Service Fellowship International (a worker in North Asia)
- Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (staff worker)
- Gideon’s International
- Reach Beyond (formally HCJB)
- YouthCARE (school chaplaincy)
How can I be involved?
- You can take an interest in and pray for our mission partners.
Our church provides regular prayer updates for our missionaries – look out for them! Our mission partners are regularly promoted throughout the year, especially in Missions Month (May). The latest information on all of our missions partners is available through the pamphlet board (in the passage way to the crèche area, just off the foyer).
- We gather for breakfast and prayer for missions on the first Saturday of each month. Everyone is welcome.
- Consider giving directly to our mission partners.
We always put aside a fixed amount of our regular giving to go directly to our mission partners. However, you may also feel lead to give to them directly. This can be done with individual mission partners, or simply by placing an envelope in the offering bag clearly marked with their name(s).
- Encourage and communicate with our mission partners.
Our mission partners always appreciate hearing from their supporters back home. You can write to them, email them or, as the opportunities present themselves, even consider going to visit them!
- We also regularly engage in Short Term mission trips, to grow our understanding of and commitment to mission and to assist with mission related ministry.
If you would like to get involved on any of the above, please click here.